Last years of the F's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Last years of the F's
From: "thommack" <mack@c...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:51:05 -0000
Does anyone recall seeing how the F units were used in their final
years (1967-69)? Did they last F's tend to run together or separate?
Could they be found paired with any Q power or usually just older
first generation power (GP7/9, etc.)? When on the road, did they
still continue to lead freights? I noticed a picture of F7A 164A in
one of Mike Spoor's books doing some switching at night and it looked
like it had a B-unit behind it, but it was obscured. This is the only
train shot I can seem to find of a Q F unit in the late 60's. If
anyone can remember any sightings, please help.

Tom Mack