RE: [BRHSlist] 42'10" Fishbelly Flat Cars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] 42'10" Fishbelly Flat Cars
From: "Dan Almosnino" <danalm@w...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:37:49 -0800
Thanks Russ,

I expect that these cars should be very old based on their short
length...
There is one clue I found in Mike Spoor's book (page 119) showing a MOW
fish belly flat (RN 214156) that looks exactly like the Red Caboose
cars.
I know that MOW cars were in many cases used previously in revenue
service so the possibility still exists that the Red Caboose cars are
based on authentic old CB&Q cars. If anyone on the list can shed light
on this I'd really appreciate it.

Dan