Re: MARS lights on the Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: MARS lights on the Q
From: "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:55:48 -0000
Tim and Others:

This subject has been discussed frequently in the last year or
so. May I suggest that the "Search Archive" tool be used to learn
what may have been discussed in BRHSlist history. Today, to
test the search engine, I typed "Mars Light", and it produced a
page and one half of messages.

This is alos one more excellent reason to keep the subject lines
on the subject!

Ed DeRouin

--- In BRHSlist@y..., "torsiek" <torisek@c...> wrote:
> Can anyone explain to me how the MARS lights were used on
> the Q during the mid-sixties? All the geeps were equipped with
> dual lensed units. I assume the red lensed unit only worked in
> conjunction with the emergency brake. Was the clear lensed
unit
> constantly on while running? Was it only turned on
approaching
> grade crossings? Were they ever turned on during the day?
Was
> the operating policy different for passenger and freight
> operations?
>
> I grew up in Berwyn, IL near the triple-track and I cannot
honestly
> remember ever seeing one of these things on. Maybe they
were