Through the back roundhouse wall..

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Through the back roundhouse wall..
From: Bob Yarger <bobyar2001@y...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:02:24 -0800 (PST)
Been there, done that. Actually we just bulged the
brick curtain wall out a little, but B&B still had to
fix it. Pushing a dead engine in with another, in the
dark. Also ran a GP9 right through a metal overhead
door on the same pit. Hostler kept having ground
relays, and got up to reset the button. Forgot to put
the independent brake on, and the unit rolled back
into the door, which was on the way down. B&B laid
the damaged door on the floor, beat it with
sledgehammers, and re-hung it. It worked a little
haltingly, but still went up and down.

--- Charlie Vlk <charlie@k...> wrote:
> Ken-
> Very true. The designers had to figure, over the
> life of a house, that each
> stall end wall would be used as a door at least once
> in the life of the
> building.
> Charlie

=====
Bob Yarger
Railway Preservation News (free website)
www.rypn.org