RE: [BRHSlist] Burlington Bulletin #40

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Burlington Bulletin #40
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:43:16 -0600
Pete and list-
I have a couple of shots of a waycar and 01a (taken just east of Maple
Avenue between Brookfield and Congress Park). The O1a is interesting in
that it has a normal O1a tank, but on an extended frame. As I understand
it, some of them were delivered that way so the Q could take O2 and 03
tanks, splice an extension on them and reuse the shorter frames under the
O1a tanks. We are talking cheap railroad here, guys.
But the Waycar has a tank hanging off the bottom of the carbody, maybe about
a foot or more in diameter, maybe 18" long, which must be a "Keeley". I'll
try to dig it up at home over the weekend, scan it, and get it posted to the
files.
Charlie Vlk