RE: [BRHSlist] Re: New Poll

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Re: New Poll
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:43:52 -0600
Bill & List,

Here are some thoughts on your comments:

<clip>
<I would be happy to pay for photocopies of the out-of-print
BBs if the Society offers that service.>

The BRHS Archives will do this, at my convenience for ten cents per page
plus postage.

<clip>
<With computer technology changing evry 5 years or so,
<I wonder if the CD ROMs would be unreadable after 10 years or so.>

Yes, expected life of data on CD's is 90+ years.

<How many BBs would be on each CD ROM ?> ONE ONLY...some Bulletins might
span two.

<Would it be possible to scan the out-of-print BBs
<into accessable files on either BRHSlist or on the BRHS web page.

Yes it is possible, but why would we want to? Take a look at this year's
BRHS annual report. We need to gain revenues to continue, not give more
information out for free. We may be a non-profit group, but we need
revenues to operate.

<clip>

<Let's face it. For BR/CB&Q information and photos, the BRHS
<publications are about as good as it gets! I love them all!

Thank you!

Dave Lotz
BRHS Archives