Re: [BRHSlist] Genesis freight 'F's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Genesis freight 'F's
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:02:44 EST
In a message dated 2/12/02 10:19:45 PM Central Standard Time, Aeolus3@a...
writes:

> From the pictures and dates in the Wilson Book.... It appears that the grabs
> were added between the fall of 1949 and spring 1950.

Of course this fall right into the period I am modeling (December 1950). I
am going to have to do some research to see if the grabs were on (some, half,
most) of the E-units at that time.

Speaking of the Wilson book, those Kalmbach pictures are just incredible.
Everytime I look through that book I find something new. Some of you may not
know this, but Kalmbach - under the Classic Trains herald - recently put out
a book called Passenger Trains of Yesteryear, Chicago Westbound. It is a
softcover like the Wilson book and sells for $19.95. It has some of the most
incredible passenger train shots I have seen. The Q is well represented, but
it is only one of the many other railroads covered. Check it out! (there is
also a Chicago Eastbound book).

Rich