CD-ROM question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CD-ROM question
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:17:04 -0900
I voted for the CD option, but I did so with some misgiving, and I
certainly can understand Rich's hesitancy. Burning everything onto CDs
might undercut the market for traditional reprints, and I'm not sure
whether I'd prefer to have a copy on paper or in digital format (that's not
a euphemism; I mean it literally: I'm not sure. No doubt others on the list
have very strong preferences one way or the other). On the other hand,
burning CDs has to be a lot cheaper than conventional reprinting and once
archived in digital format they need never go out of print -- though it
might be necessary to re-save or even re-scan them as software is updated.
So the CD strategy might help keep some of the less popular Bulletins
accessible. And it might help the Society conserve scarce resrouces.
Clearly a lot for the board to consider.
Jonathan