Walthers Budd Passenger Car Models

To: "'BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com'" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Walthers Budd Passenger Car Models
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@s...>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:01:40 -0600
There have been previous discussions regarding the similarity (or lack
thereof) of these models to actual CB&Q cars. Using The Passenger Car
Library, The Budd Company, Vol. 1, CB&Q by W. David Randall as my source, I
have found cars fairly similar to the following:

46-seat Coach   Pages 128 & 166
Diner   Page 138
10-6 Sleeper    Page 154
24-8 Slumbercoach       Page 176
73' Baggage     Page 59

However, the more recent cars don't seem to remotely match anything I can
find in this book. Previous emails confirmed that the Burlington had no 63'
RPO. I see nothing similar to the new Lounge car (1 drawing room, 29
seats). There is a 30 seat lounge car on page 84. The 52 seat coach is
nothing like the 52 seat CB&Q coaches on pages 50, 56, 61 & 62. Have
others come to the same conclusion, using either this or other sources?

Lastly, has anyone heard if other passenger cars are planned in the near
future from Walthers, such as an observation car or a dome?

Scott Myers