Silver Isle

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Silver Isle
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:04:58 EST
Let me clear up the doubts and speculation. The Silver Isle was donated by
Amtrak to the Mass. Call Volunteer Firefighters in the Fall of 2001 from the
dead line at Beech Grove.This is the same organization that UTC and other
tank car companies have donated cars to as part of the Safety Train. The
train travels the CSXT sytem and off line providing hazmat training to fire
depts. Capt John Oneil and I talk on a regular basis(especially when he needs
something for the train). There are actually 2 trains now. John is planning
on using the Silver Isle as a crew dormitory car.
I can tell you for absolute fact that after learning that there was a picture
of the car in MIke Spoors book he ran out and bought a copy so he can someday
get the car relettered correctly ! He has asked that if anyone has further
history/drawings,etc on the car that he would appreciate same. email is John
Oneil@s...(or something very close to that).
Leo