Re: [BRHSlist] Flatlanders

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Flatlanders
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@a...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:15:46 -0700
I guess I'll have to figure out some way to put a 'smiley face' on my
posts so everyone will know I am just 'funnin' with you. I love the BRHS and
everyone who contributes to it. It's a great group and a great railroad that
is dear to my heart. As a matter of fact- some of my fondest memories of the
Q were spent near La Crosse, Wi. (Stoddard) visiting my aunt. I have
mentioned this before on the list that her house was about 100 yards from
the Twin Cities mainline and we lived in Westby which was about 20 miles
away. Wow- that was back in the 1950's when 90 mph for passenger trains was
the rule of thumb! Wish I could turn back the clock and re-live those
moments one more time. I loved to go visit my aunt. And yes- I am a former
'flatlander'! My parents moved to Powell, Wyoming (on the Cody branch) in
1955 when I was 10.

John Olson
Billings, Mt.