Re: [BRHSlist] RE: 1920-1940 era BREX decals

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: 1920-1940 era BREX decals
From: KEN MARTIN <kmartin@c...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:01:21 -0800
Cc: 'Buddy Hill' <palmettoltd@h...>
> From: Buddy Hill
> Subject: 1920-1940 era BREX decals
>
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I'm planning to backdate Accurail's HO-scale BREX wood reefer
> (75000-series)to approximate its appearance circa 1939. It should be a
> challenging project what with changing the roof, ends, adding hatch
> platforms and "double-winged" door hinges, etc. A quick review of your
> comprehensive offering of decal sets did not reveal a set for this time
> period. I am writing to see if anyone knows of a commercial decal set that
> I might purchase.
>
> Sincerely,
> Buddy Hill
> ACL&SALRRHS

Buddy

I would recommend Microscale 87-535 "Burlington Route (CB&Q)
Refrigerator cars #1".
I have used them for several of my 1941 cars. For the roof platforms I
would suggest
the Tichy roof hatches they look good. If you are goiing to change the
roof ends and
door hinges don't forget to lose the brake platform and raise the brake
staff so
the brakemen won't have to bend over.

There are some pictures in Burlington Bulletin #12 which is available
from the society
as a reprint. See the company store at: http://www.burlingtonroute.com/

Ken Martin