Re: [BRHSlist] Flatlanders???

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Flatlanders???
From: "VLBG" <VLBG@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:51:29 -0600
How true, Leo.

I recall an early evening in '65 or '66 when the Congo was still a
day job and using Downers Grove for overflow was not a regular
move. For some reason it was decided to take about 35 or 40
cars out there. Went along for the ride. At the crossing in Clarendon
Hills the NW2 was up to about 20. By the time most of the train was
on the curve forward motion had ceased with the trusty 567 roaring
away. Can't remember if it was Archie Keith that day but whomever
the Engineer was opened the inspection plate on the Main Generator.
Lots of shiny wire in there but most of it was in pieces 8 or 10 inches
long. Probably would have worked pretty good as that "Chaff" stuff
to fool a radar screen.

Time to go back to the Roundhouse for another engine.

Flatlands indeed!

Russ