Chicago's winter of 1967

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Chicago's winter of 1967
From: "jworones" <jworones@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:21:14 -0000
Hi all;

The other night on the History Channel I was watching a special about
major snow storms in history. They had a segment on Chicago during
the winter of 1967 and discussed how people were stranded on the
roads and that the city was pretty much shut down. No mention of the
railroads.

With all you former railroaders on board here, I thought maybe you
could share some of your memories on how the Burlington made it
through.

Me, I was so young that I thought the more snow the better! I do
remember my dad being stuck in it though. After that he always
carried extra blankets and chocolate bars during the winter.

Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV