Re: [BRHSlist] Epidemic

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Epidemic
From: Steven Holding <hold-on@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:45:16 -0600
Leo
I know what you mean. I often carry my blue gym bag I got for a 1988 safety
award for rolling abut 100 cars down the West Burlington Hill on Xmas
Eve(although the cobwebs may have obscured the date) 492 was picking up at
West BN with the air bottled and on returning to the train I heard the
brakeman say to the engineer "Where is our train?? You don't think it
rolled away do you???
about that time it hit the approach bell on the CTC(Unlike most Dispatchers
I monitor the radios) I reached over and dumpped the signal on the
wayfreight who was lined out of the yard and then yelled at him to head for
the hills. If it had not been a holiday eve and no one out on the streets
we would have hit some one as the train was running faster then the approach
circuts for the lights and gates and TOO fast to make the kink at South St
and roll across the bridge. They piled up right at the K-Line Switch
Biggest problem with putting a railroad to bed is wakeing every one up and
getting it running again
sjh