Mail

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Mail
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:48:55 EST
To VLBG I can vouch for your comments about mail on the Dinkies(at least from
second hand info.) Ed Metz used to reminise about the old days on the
deadhead back to Aurora (if he was in the mood and the question was planted
correctly). One day we got him going about mail on the dinkies. He talked
about setting out and picking cars at Berwyn,Western Springs,etc. Of course
there were the cars for the Auroa REA building too.
And then Rip used to tell the stories about picking up cars of bread from the
house track behind the Downers Grove Main Street station and taking them to
C.U.S. and then backing to the coach yard with that car "leading". Same theme
with the "wheel" car.
Leo