Re: [BRHSlist] Railroad Abbreviations

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Railroad Abbreviations
From: "VLBG" <VLBG@s...>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:45:35 -0600
Gabe,

The AAR no longer maintains or assigns reporting marks.

This is handled by the National Motor Freight Carriers Association.

Since there is such variety in the ownership and identification of
trailers and containers this was the solution. The AAR keeps the
UMLER database but reporting marks are assigned by the trucking
industry. These are also being handled like Internet Domain Names.
They have fairly short expiration dates and have to be renewed in
order to be kept.

TheVLBG