Re: Shovelnose Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Shovelnose Question
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 05:39:11 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...> wrote:
> Burlington Bulletin 13 indicates (and shows a photo) that the B
units for
> 9906 & 9907 had hostler controls and windows on the rear as well as
air
> horns...however, since 9904 & 9905 were not intended to be used
with a B
> units, did their back sides have the same configuration as the B
units or
> the same as 9906 & 9907?
>
> At what date did the unit's numbers and the "F" appear painted
below the
> operator & brakeman's windows? The earliest photo I can find is
4/4/43 -
> latest photo without is 6/26/40. Would it be safe to assume these
were
> painted at the same time as they were given the Mars lights?
>
> David Lotz
> (314-846-8632
> * E-mail: Dave_Lotz@m...

david,
have a photo of my dad and the engineer he was firing for that trip
taken in front of the 9905 believe it is sometime in 1941, guessing
summer/fall. the number is painted on the unit, photo showes
engineers side not firemans side. never noticed the 'f' but maybe
they are in front of it. am not at home so can't check photo at
present. if no one else can provide further info will definately
check for you when i get back home.

warren