Re: [BRHSlist] Athearn models

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Athearn models
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:54:46 EST
Bob,

I think you're pretty right on. Of course I know everyone won't agree. I think
there are certain details that set Q motors apart from others and if some of
the more obvious things are modeled correctly an Athearn diesel at 4 ft. away
can definitely say "I'm a CB&Q unit to anyone knowledgeable enough to know. To
me one of the most obvious things on a Q hood unit are the addition of the
signal lights above the regular headlights and maybe the placement and type of
airhorns on top. If you combine some of these simple things with the proper
paint and some realistic weathering you can really get the feeling that these
motors are indeed pulling a Burlington Route train.

Ken Thompson