Athearn models

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Athearn models
From: Mbsoren1@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:22:49 EST
There seems to be a lot of nit-picking going on. I, and I know others who
model and use Athearn, tend to use something I learned at the NMRA 99
convention. It was called the rule of 4 feet: If it looks good on the
layout when viewed no closer than 4 feet then it is OK. Along with that is a
2 feet rule: If it is moving on the layout and looks good from a distance of
2 feet, then it is OK. If total modeling perfection is desired, then the
model should be displayed and not run!
I expect this to stir up a firestorm but give it some good thought.
Bob S.