Re: [BRHSlist] Bad news in Texas

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bad news in Texas
From: Eric Mumper <eric_mumper@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:55:49 -0600
Sender: ericm
Group,
The news I have is worse than the MR blurb. Apparently the deal has
fallen through and Hall's will be closed forever by the end of the
year. I would like someone to have better info to contradict that
statement, but the source I have is an "insider" so to speak.
On a more positive note, Dallas has several very good hobby shops. The
ones I am most familiar with are Phil's hobbies in Farmers Branch and
Discount Model Trains in Addison and for those going north of the
metroplex, Silver Spike Hobbies in Denton. Discount should not be
missed if just for the sight of the entire Walther's catalog in stock
and at 20% off retail. I suggest using the Model Railroader web site
hobby shop search engine for the phone number and addresses especially
since Discount can be tough to find.
Usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation to any of these shops and the
opinions expressed above are mine and may not reflect everyones
interest.

Eric Mumper