ASME Commemorative Landmarks brochures

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: ASME Commemorative Landmarks brochures
From: Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyrus@r...>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:37:56 -0800
I was doing my periodic web search for Pioneer Zephyr-related material, and
ran across a really neat website.

The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) has designated
commemorative engineering landmarks, each having a brochure on its history
and signifigance. They have now put a number of the brochures online at

http://www.asme.org/history/brochure.html

The Pioneer Zephyr and the Aurora roundhouse are both online.

Be warned! If you are at all interested in the history of technology, be
prepared for some extensive online time at this site. There are a lot of
non-Q railroad brochures, and many other transportation and industrial
subjects.

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@r... http://www.rickadee.net/~zephyrus