Donated Steam Engines

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Donated Steam Engines
From: "nftrains2000" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:45:16 -0000
While in Otttumwa IA Monday,
I was at the Side of the 4-6-4 3001 Hudson again,
Seems to maybe be finished getting painted up. There Fence is gone
now and you can really get at it to have a look.
"Please Do not Climb on Engine" signs on it.
I noticed there are these injector looking things on both sides of
the boiler about mid way along the walkway, there is 2 one each side.
There are rusted very bad and falling apart.
I was wondering, when a RR donated these steam engines, what kind of
working condition are/were they in.
I would guess they ran when they took them to were they are right?
If so it's really sad they would just let these units rot away like
this.

Larry Doub