"Pankey" tank cars

To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: "Pankey" tank cars
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:17:06 -0600
Back in the 1940s-1950s there was a local chain of automobile service
stations in Brookfield, Linn County, Missouri known as Pankey Oils. They
were located in several communities and supplied by Pankey-owned tank
trucks. They were very colorful -- black letters edged in white on an orange
field.

Recently I heard that this outfit also had some railroad tank cars, but I do
not remember seeing them or pictures of them. Since the C.B.&Q. at
Brookfield would have been the terminus of these cars they had to have been
transported in Burlington trains. I have never seen such a beast and
respectfully request that members of this list be alert for any pictures of
same, or kindly let me know where they have seen pictures of these.
Thanks.