Max Gray stuff

To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Max Gray stuff
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:15:21 -0600
Will anyone give me a quick critique of the quality of Max Gray stuff?

When I was new to the hobby as an adolescent in the 1950s I identified Max
Gray with O scale and since I was in HO I never had occasion to address it.
However, Saturday I attended The Great American Train Show in Kansas City
and one of the dealers had some HO brass stuff by Max Gray. The outward
appearance was very nice. Will anyone here clue me in on the running
properties of Max Gray, and anything in particular to look for or avoid.
Thanks.