Re: [BRHSlist] Montgomery

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Montgomery
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 04:28:21 EST
At the time of the Montgomery Wreck I was 8 years old. Friends of my parents
that were out in California for the Fast Pitch Softball World Series, the old
Sealmaster Team was playing, their 2 kids were staying with us. Since they
lived in Boulder Hill my Mom ran the school run in the mornings to get them
to Oswego for school. I saw the wreck that morning.

I found out later that afternoon that my Aunt and Uncle the lived on Baseline
Road felt the ground shake on impact.

I have heard the RI Golden State was to hold at the Anchor Brush grade
crossing, they had pulled up to the switch for the Fox River Line. I have
often wondered had they been where they were supposed to be.... at impact
would some of the cars on the RI have gone off the bridge into the Fox River?

Loren