Re: [BRHSlist] Montgomery

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Montgomery
From: "VLBG" <VLBG@s...>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 07:42:44 -0600
Loren,

There are always "ifs" involved in any situation. If you look
at what led up to the incident it tells you that they were in the
right place. The switch had been reversed for their movement.
As a rule the CB&Q operated Rule 261 territory in the same
manner as normal current of traffic double track. Trains usually
were kept to the right. The Dispatcher's decision to run #3
from Aurora on Track #2 caused the Operator at Montgomery
to change his lineup. I've already discussed what went wrong
in that process.

Russ