Montgomery

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Montgomery
From: "cbq1968" <karl@a...>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 23:39:36 -0000

Yes, though I admit ignorance about the list of passengers aboard the
Q train.

Johnny saw the "high green" westward on two and testified to that
fact. This, of course, put him in a real unfavorable light with the
Co. Also, if memory serves me correctly, there used to be a DS phone
at the Brush Co. crossing that would (could) have had the standing RI
train quite a bit west of the tower, had they used it, if it had been
available (if, if, if).

The handwritten note was just too much. It stays in my mind that it
was supposed to call attention to a 20 sec. delay in locking sw. 20
or 24 (Russ may remember the sw. no.). The Operator had to remember
to wait the prescribed time, real fail-safe.

I also remember the Q Pilot on the Rock Island train was Robert (Red)
Lewis Parker. Ironically, Red was the Fireman on the waycar light
O1a that bashed into the Streator motorcar in '42 near the present
site of Boulder Hill and right behind the place where Freddie Shaw
lived.

Karl