Oregon depot archieves.

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Oregon depot archieves.
From: "reventures_61061" <reventures_61061@y...>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 01:41:42 -0000
I could use some help from CB&Q fans in the Dakota and Aurora, IL
area. I am involved with the Oregon Illinois depot restoration, and
it will eventually become a museum mostly about the CB&Q. I have
received for the archieves of the museum a CB&Q railway special
police badge that belonged to Charles H. Dawson who started as a
Territory Marshal in the Dokota's in the 1870's and then became a
special agent for the Burlington Railroad in Aurora, Illinois. He
was one of the best known railroad detectives in the west. "From his
obituary" Any information about Charles H. Dawson, Born: 8-15-1854,
in Washington, PA, Died: 5-7-1926 in Aurora, will be gladly
appreciated by the Oregon depot restoration comittee. Bob Rees