Fw: background models

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fw: background models
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 00:41:15 -0700
This came across the HOn3 list and I thought it might be of interest to
someone on this list.

Ken Martin

Hello to the group:
I have found some intersting toy trains that can ben used for HOn3.
Maisto, Incorporated makes a die cast 0-6-0 and cars in 1:131 scale.

To save you trying to do the conversion: the track gauges down to
HOn3! I purchased 2 of the tenders and they scale down nicely. The
tank car and quad hopper have some potential (they also ride on HOn3
trucks).

Now here's the trick: Maisto says that they are only available at
Walmart stores; Walmart is the only ones that are ordering them. The
price is about $2.00. Look around the die cast cars for them.

To see what they look like go to:
http://www.maisto.com/products/picture/15131aa.jpg Q G-5 0-6-0
http://www.maisto.com/products/picture/15131aaa.jpg Q TENDER
http://www.maisto.com/products/picture/15131ccc.jpg