CB&Q/EL Pooled Power and more

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q/EL Pooled Power and more
From: mack@c...
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:57:23 -0000
In regard to the EL E's, I noticed Ed already responded. I only saw
the EL E8's ince, on a visit to Marion Ohio in mid to late 70's. What
a lashup, though, 3 EL E8A's on a freight ready to leave the yard.
Alas, too late for any Q units to be visiting.

An interesting sighting from Hol Wagner appears in the May 1968 Extra
2200. Hol noted seeing a Q GP30, C&S SD40, and 2 D&RGW GP35s together
on 5/11/68 in Denver. So we will add D&RGW GP35's in mid 1968 to the
pool list I am creating.

On 5/10/68 he says there were Q, C&S, UP, D&RGW, PRR, and NYC units
at the Q roundhouse all at one time. Sure would be nice to know what
those NYC and PRR units were.....