Re: Update on CB&Q/EL pool power

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Update on CB&Q/EL pool power
From: PIXELS@A...
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 23:09:07 -0000
So it looks like we could safely add EL SD45's 3601-3634 and
> SDP45's 3635-3653 to the late 1960's CB&Q/EL pool trains.
> Tom Mack

Tom and Others:

The Q/EL pool did not start until after the Q disolved pool
agreements with the new and struggling PC. I have no
documented date, but believe the pooling with EL did not begin
until early 1969.

The EL units were seen mostly on Cicero-Dayton's Bluffs trains
and 97 and 88.

Regarding EL E units laying over at Clyde: they were assigned to
transfer running between Clyde-47th Street and Hammond.and
were not pool units. In that era, EL had regeared some E's for
freight duty. They were also seen laying over on the Milwaukee in
Bensenville, in both transfer and pool assignments.

Ed DeRouin