Re: [BRHSlist] Update on CB&Q/EL pool power

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Update on CB&Q/EL pool power
From: GORDON SMITH <kc2bw@w...>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:06:19 -0500

mack@c... wrote:

> Also CB&Q GP40 179 and SD45 516 were seen on NE-97 to Chicago 12/26 (is this
> a Q
> train or an EL train?).

NE-97 or New England 97 was an EL westbound that departed Maybrook,
NY, the former New Haven
interchange, that became Penn Central, and ran to Chicago. It carried
traffic from New England
to the west.

>The post states that Q units on other runs are rarely seen and that SD45's are
>the most
>common pooled power by EL and Q.

OH NOT SO!!! At least not here on the east end of the EL in New
Jersey. I saw a good number of
GP-30s, GP-40s and yes, Sd-45s on several different symboled trains. And
a GP-20 and a SD-24 even
made it to Port Jervis, NY. Once the merger happened we had units from
the GN and I remember there
after plenty of SD-45s and F-45s, a lot of which I ran.

Gordon
--
To reply take the 33 from the address