Rockfalls Branch

To: Brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Rockfalls Branch
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:18:19 EST
One of the memories that rose from the fog during the recent discussion
about the Rockfalls branch was an early lesson in hand signs. I caught the
Rockfalls wayfreight for a week off the extra list and had all of about 60
days seniority. Wow, daylight work 5 days in row! We were setting an mty into
the elevator at West Brooklyn and I caught the ladder as it went by,scampered
up to the handbrake to tie it on as we shoved up to the loading spout. As we
passed Gerry Barlow he hollered up and kept taping his head? I shrugged and
he pointed down the trk at where the spout was hanging out just right to
catch my head as the car passed under it!
Leo