ROCKFALLS BRANCH

To: Brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: ROCKFALLS BRANCH
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:25:21 EST
Guys the Rockfalls Wayfreight and every other job received the hand me downs
from mainline service. The actual engines would depend on what period your
modelling.The same thing goes on today as evidenced by pairs of gp40s
switching cars today.
When the Rockfalls job operated as a layover out of Eola to Rockfalls and
back the next day it had a lone NW2 as proven by various photos and the Eola
Rdhse engine assignment book in my collection. Next time I get it out I'll
see if I can identify the transistion from cow/calfs to NW2s'. The next
change was to geeps and then later the SD's in pairs. Of course by this time
the job was a round trip from Mendota to Rockfalls daily.
The same evolution took place on other branches. For example the Fox River
had 3 geeps for many years(I believe they were the same units used on the
Chadwick/Oregon Turn).Then as more and bigger power bumped the SDs' the Fox
got a pair of those. 85/86 went from fs and geeps to eventually a quartet of
SD24s.
As to 69/4 keep in mind that with each passing decade or so the origin point
kept moving westward;Cicero,Eola,Mendota.
Leo