Re: [BRHSlist] UP Archives

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] UP Archives
From: jonathanharris@e...
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:38:45 -0900
Sometime in the mid to late 1940s,the CB&Q donated a vast collection of its
pre-1901 historical documents to the Newberry Library in Chicago (over
1,000,000 items occupying 1,800' of shelf space). Some of these documents
formed the basis for the book Granger Country (Little, Brown 1949). As far
as I know, the Burlington was the first railroad in the country to make
such a donation. The Newberry, incidently, is open to the public. JH