Re: [BRHSlist] Re: K-2 Loco

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: K-2 Loco
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:07:33 -0700
jonathanharris@e... wrote:

> Other potential bash-ees I've wondered about are the Model Power ten
> wheelers (and consolidations) -- if for no other reason than their spoked
> pilot wheels and pedistal tender trucks. Does anybody, ANYBODY import
> pedistal tender trucks in brass/plastic/wood/chocolate...ANYTHING??

Take a look at Bowser Reading tender trucks part no.1-002987. Sideframes are
good but need smaller wheels. I am using a set on a D-7 I bashed from a MDC
old timer 2-8-0.

> If you're really itching to bash something, why not choose a different
> class of 4-6-0? Some of the Q's other ten-wheelers had wagon-top boilers
> like the Mantua model. Or try to replicate one of the K4s or K10s, which
> were so common at the end of the steam era.
>
> But if it's 637 you really want, why knock yourself out? The NPP model is a
> bargain. Just be patient and keep your eye open for the best price.
>
> Good luck,
> Jonathan

I agree for a K-2 go for the brass. Mine runs fine and looks good pulling a
50' baggage-mail and 50' coach with maybe a business or tourist car behind.

And as Jonathan says if you want to build something try a different engine and
if you build something good let us know.

Ken Martin