Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Locomotive Pool Power

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Locomotive Pool Power
From: "Tamerlane" <TheVLBG@s...>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:49:56 -0600
Loren,

Never saw any train symboled "GIC". Eastbound was GI68 and
then just "66". At one time during the transition to the Grand
Island connection there was a "CB68". The Denver business
was supposed to come in on LW68. Both Eastbound and
Westbound there was a lot of block swapping on these trains
and very seldom did you see a "pure" train consist.

I do recall one time in either '65 or '66 that the UP had some
sort of problem and dumped a large amout of perishable on
us at Council Bluffs. CB68 was dead and gone by then but
they did try and make the 0300 connection at Congress Park
by using #14. This meant, of course that the normal meat
on #14 did not make the connection and they were not that
far from missing the 1330 connection. Train had about 65
cars and when it went by my house at about 1000 there was
a GP30 in the lead.

The VLBG