Re: Locomotive Pool Power

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Locomotive Pool Power
From: wulrich@a...
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:30:17 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., mack@c... wrote:
> Thanks to everyone so far who responded to my post. I am gathering
> the info being posted and will put it together in a form I hope to
> grow over time.

snip

> CB&Q-UP Chicago to Grand Island Power: 2000+ HP B-B (pictures show
> primarily UP GP30's and GP30B's, GP35's)

tom,

up power used in the power pool were usually in the up 700 and 800
series, not as common were up 600 series motors. rarely there were
high hood geeps, don't know what they were. don't remember sd's but
if the up had em they were probably there. even more rarely was a up
waycar. talking mid sixties here. this is from memory, remember we're
talking almost 40 years ago. don't know what series up motors were
what, gp30, 35, 40. think i do remember some up gp20's on occasion
but don't recall what numbers they were, maybe the 600's.

a side note, on the cover of one of the cbq annual reports from the
mid to late 60's shows a 5 unit lashup leaving chicago?, it has 2 or
3 up motors in consist, was retouched to all red power, no white nose
stripes. they got the red correct but forgot to redo the up grey.

warren