RE: [BRHSlist] Locomotive Pool Power

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Locomotive Pool Power
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:55:45 -0600
I do remember from 1963-1970ish seeing Pennsy Sharknoses sitting on the east
end of Clyde waiting to get their cabin back......
Which brings up a slightly related topic.....does anyone remember the
(yardmaster??) who liked to play a game of how many foreign road cabooses,
cabins, waycars, crummies, hacks, vans he could collect from transfer runs?
What I had heard is he would arrange to bury the cars so deep in the yard
that the crew would have to go back engine light before dying. I don't know
any details or if it was really true, but some of you ex-Q employees might
remember hearing about this...
Charlie Vlk