DZ Vista Dome Coach

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: DZ Vista Dome Coach
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:24:23 EST
For members who might be interested. While thumbing through the book "Rio
Grande Trackside with Jim Ozment", I noticed on pages 104 and 105 a picture
of a Denver Zephyr Vista Dome Coach (Silver Buckle or Silver Brand). It's in
the consist of the California Zephyr, the first of 3 Dome Coaches. The year
of the photos is 1957 when the car was a year old.

I was aware that cars can show up everywhere, but when the pride of the fleet
(DZ) is a year old, I would have thought they'd make sure the best cars would
be in place for it's operation. I'm learning something new here!

Hubert Hanrahan