Galena

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Galena
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:25:28 EDT
If your ever in Galena go to the Historical Society Building up on the Bluff
in a converted church(if memory serves me correctly).There you'll find some
of the old township plat maps which provide great detailed maps of most every
track into and around town.
As to traffic on the line don't forget as a population center Galena would
have received many loads of coal(theres a picture of "flats" being unloaded
in Galena in the coal Bulletin or the data sheet on the composite gons which
is their other name. From visits to town over the years I've learned that
Galena had a few foundries which would have generated more coal and sand
loads. Also lumber would have been a source of inbound loads.
Leo