Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington stations/depots

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington stations/depots
From: VERLIN WHITE <railroad61542@y...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 03:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- Steven Holding <hold-on@s...> wrote:
> List
> As with any of the lists on our site each of us
> editors need a lot of help
> from other members to help with the area you are in.
> Quite often when I
> travel I will take the back roads and check things
> out. Often I will
> overlook them as I do not know where the structure
> is. Other times you
> drive right by them. Often there are easier ways to
> go but not as
> intresting. All suggestions are noted and I try and
> send in a update at
> least once a year. Some times structures disappear
> so if you know of one
> let us know. I will look for drawings but often
> more can be found in
> collections. I know the society has the drawings
> for the Aurora (1930 era)
> depot as they dropped on my desk in Galesburg one
> nite and Mike Spoor copied
> them for us. The society published a set of depot
> drawings for the
> Chicago-Aurora Suburban area for the Aurora Meet
> Rob Did Dave forward the last update I sent
> him? If not I will try
> and bring one to the Paducah meet. Good thing I am
> driving my Van up.
> sjh

still arounld? There are two left in Lewistown,Ill.
>One is an 1864 station on the old main line from
Yates City to Rushville. It's be restored as a museum.
The other one is a narrow gauge station and HQ for the
old Fulton County Narrow Gauge Railway. An 1870 3 foot
line that the "Q" took over in 1905. It also is been
restored as a museum. The first one is a 100' long
wooden and the last one is a two story brick.
Verlin White