RE: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q NE-1 Waycar (Caboose) #14497 Now in Mundelein, I

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Re: CB&Q NE-1 Waycar (Caboose) #14497 Now in Mundelein, IL
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:43:51 -0500
Crawling around underneath the cars in the early sixties I don't recall any
black painted parts...all (trucks, brake equipment, etc.) were uniformly
mineral red/brown. Don't think I was under any Chinese Red painted cars
though; those seemed to get the black trucks and I would assume if the
undersides got any attention they might have been black as well. Probably
all the above are true as the shop guys seemed to do what they wanted to
(within limits). I would have to check my photos and references, maybe
Marshall's referenced research project will yield such information.
Charlie Vlk