Re: [BRHSlist] Es pulling Heavywieghts

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Es pulling Heavywieghts
From: "Harold S. Huber Jr." <sarge912@h...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:18:18 -0600
1964 football trip from Casper Wyoming to Cheyenne Wyoming was E units
pulling Heavyweights, but that was special The Q didn't want the newer units
messed up by the high school kids that took the trip, the greatest time of
my life was the 1963 trip as the locomotive was steam powered, I wasn't into
trains then but do know it was steam powered so don't know the make of the
loco. We hit a pick up truck in Douglas that was sneaking past the crossing
gates. The Locomotive didn't hardly have a scratch on it, the truck was
demolished, fortunately the major impact was the rear of the truck and the
driver wasn't injured Made up the time though between Douglas and Cheyenne
and was on time for the game.
Harold Huber
Sheridan Wyoming