CB&Q/BN rotary snowplow, dead or alive?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CB&Q/BN rotary snowplow, dead or alive?
From: arnold299@a...
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:28:39 EDT
Today I spotted the damaged rotary snowplow #BN972558 today at the Hobson
yard in Lincoln. I too a few photos because I heard it was being scrapped
after the blade flew apart. The damage does not appear that bad (rotor is
gone) but I'm sure there is hidden damage and it will be expensive to repair.
Question - Are they going to repair it or what? I had heard it was toast but
it's back here in Lincoln and I wonder if they are now going to repair it.
Has anyone heard?

Scott Arnold
Lincoln NE