Re: CB&Q Signals

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q Signals
From: bill@b...
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 02:23:17 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., "Ed Carroll" <ed.carroll@h...> wrote:
> Can anyone do the same for N scale? I have been unsuccessful in scratch
> building in brass or styrene from a few photos.

> Can anyone point me to a source that describes the signals used by the CB&Q
> and/or which HO scale models most closely match?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Mack
> mack@c...

Sir,

If it is the famed Q double track signal bridge that you seek, try
looking into NJ International's "double track signal bridge" for N
scale. I was able to speak with the owner of NJ Intl at the St. Louis
train show last weekend. He could not recall if the original plans
were of Q original or not. In any case, the seem awful close. I used
them on my Galesburg area layout. They seem to match the prototype
very closely! I even spilced two kits together to model the four track
signal bridge in Galva , Illinois!

Bill Selleck