Answer to Glen Haug

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Answer to Glen Haug
From: bill@b...
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:07:42 -0000
Glen,

I FINALLY have an answer to your question regarding the signal
bridge's picture which is listed as being in Galesburg Illinois. After
talking with a few folks from town during RR Days, it appears that it
may be the one STILL located along the "entrance" to the quincy main.
I was at a loss to explain the turnout near along the left of the
picture. I was informed that at one time the Q had a couple spurs to
two coal dealeres in this area (present location of People's hardware
area). Perhaps this turnout was a spur to one of these two coal
dealers? There is a set of tracks still located in the pavement near
here along East Knox street. We believe that the train may be #47 from
Peoria.

Hope you recieve this message!

Please email me off list.

http://billselleck.net