Proto 2000 E-8's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Proto 2000 E-8's
From: dcmania@y...
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:27:01 -0000
I bought two CB&Q E-8 locomotives by mail order shortly after they
first came out. I ended up with two different numbers, but both have
black nose stripes. Turns out the era I ended up modeling in should
have RED nose stripes. I hoped that the Champ decals would fit right
over the black stripes that Proto has...but of course they don't.

Short of stripping the whole loco(s) and repainting, anyone have any
suggestions of how to best remove the black stripes with a minimum of
repainting? Would painting just the nose section with
that 'stainless steel' paint by Testor's be correct to prototype?

Or does someone have 2 E-8's with RED nose stripes that wishes they
had gotten Black stripes wanna make a trade?