Oregon depot

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Oregon depot
From: "Bob Rees" <reventures_61061@y...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 01:01:02 -0000
Members Bob Rees and Jerry Stauffer are off to a good start on the
Oregon Illinois depot. In two short weeks we have completed all
demolition and the depot is now back to it's original configuration.
With the help of several volunteers we are now temporarily patching
the roof leaks until next spring, when we intend to properly repair
the spanish tile roof. We are removing the windows; removing old
paint and priming, replacing glazing and broken lites, and
installing new sash cords. We are having an auction Aug. 10th for
the benefit of the depot fund, and we are soliciting donations for
the project. This is a grass roots, volunteer, public donation
effort to restore the depot to it's 1950 origin. All BRHS members
are invited to visit or volunteer if they are interested. Contact:
Bob Rees (815) 732-6397 or Jerry Stauffer (815) 734-6627